Tip of the Week – Your Personal Security at Large Outdoor Summer Events
5 tips to help keep you safe at large outdoor activities
During the summer months, we often find ourselves engaging more frequently in events such as outdoor concerts, festivals and fairs, and other events for which we have no control of our own personal security. And while our chances of becoming the victim of criminal activity during these activities are very small, we can help minimize our risk even more with vigilance and preparation.
Here are 5 tips to help keep you safe at large outdoor activities:
1. Consider the crowd – Will the event draw unruly or violent attendees? If so, consider avoiding the event. If you go, take several friends along, and try to stay in close proximity to the security personnel assigned to the event.
2. Park in a safe location – Utilize properly illuminated parking in well-populated areas and avoid out of the way areas. If no safe parking is available, take public transportation or a taxi.
3. Identify the exits upon arrival – Be prepared to leave the event at the first sign of trouble.
4. Monitor crowd behavior – Seemingly benign crowds can become agitated later in events, particularly when alcohol is served and temperatures are high.
5. Wear appropriate clothing – Avoid clothing with antagonistic or offensive messages. Seek to blend in.
At Rampart Group we teach that your personal security is a choice – you can be vigilant or you can be vulnerable! Choose well.
Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (360) 981-2703
PI License #3555
Executive Vice President
Phone: (360) 981-3397
PI License #4180
We at Rampart Group are committed to your security. Call 1-800 421-0614 or contact us today with your security or investigative needs.